PURER SPIRITS FOR A PURER WORLD
Everytime you drink Blue Duck Rare Vodka you are contributing to a purer world. It's how you can make a simple choice in a complicated world for a better future.
The Whio (blue duck) is a beacon for mother nature indicating a river’s health, if they are present the water is considered pristine. Helping protect the blue duck helps protect wild creatures and places.
THE CONSCIOUS CONSUMER
You have the opportunity to bring change to the world, simply with the purchasing decisions you make, which products you consume and which brands you support.
Blue Duck Rare Vodka champions 'sustainable luxury' in the spirits industry. It is part of a greater global movement towards more thoughtful, ethical consumption driven by the rise of conscious consumers.
THE ROYAL FOREST & BIRD PROTECTION SOCIETY OF NZ
A new brand for a new era.
With the sale of every bottle we donate to The Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand, in their own words an organisation dedicated to...‘Protecting our native plants, animals and wild places, on land and in our oceans. Help us to help nature.’ By drinking Blue Duck Rare Vodka you contribute to helping protect wildlife & wild places.
• Our electricity is sourced from Hydroelectric plants making it the lowest carbon source of electricity
• We only distil in electric copper stills which minimises the carbon footprint
• Responsible operations - reduction of carbon footprint, reduction in water usage, reduction in landfill waste
• Responsible sourcing - all spices & botanicals used in the distillation of Simply Pure are organic where possible & we are investigating the use of certified sustainable and fair trade sources
• The whey spirit we use is a bi-product of the dairy industry in New Zealand, and is a key part of our sustainability ethic
• We only use water based organic inks and wherever possible will use materials which are sustainable & can be recycled
• Responsible packaging sourced from renewable, recyclable and biodegradable materials
Fiordland's revered whio (blue duck)
The whio (blue duck) is a unique threatened species of water fowl endemic to New Zealand. It is the only member of it’s genus & has no close relative anywhere in the world. Immortalised on New Zealand's ten dollar note.